Tuesday, August 31, 2010

this time of year



These are a few things I know this time of year...

*I can't take the easy way out when it comes to our nightly routine, we all need a decent bedtime this first month.
*Mornings go much better when I get up, go for a run and choose music instead of the Today Show while everyone eats breakfast.
*The clock on my microwave is the only one that is in sync with the school clocks.
*Dinner together is a must right now, I get a feel for what the day was like and we laugh together... a lot. Right now, this is my favorite part of the day. There is a no phone zone in this house from 6 - 7PM every night.
*I have a list of things I like to get done on Sundays to make the week smooth. I feel better when that happens.
*My kids take a lot of food to school with them, I'm talking a lot of food.
*Taking the kids to the pool for an hour right after school is not so fun for me but does wonders for them.

I hope your school year gets off to a good start!

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear what you think!