Wednesday, December 1, 2010

birthday tradition



I have a special tradition, there is a medium sized orange box down in the basement that has "special to me" ornaments, my faves. Every year, on my birthday, I bring it upstairs and hang them on my mantle. Today was that day.  I do this while they are all at school, I keep the box in a special place on the shelf and I take my time hanging them.  Some are from memorable trips, others are from dear friends and some are just ones I really love.  


Christmas is full of traditions, birthdays make you think about your life, your friends, your family.  I love that I get to start the Christmas season with a birthday - it puts it all in perspective, right from the start.  I hope your holiday season is filled with traditions, and more than anything, I hope you're able to take some time and enjoy them.


I'll be back here this month with some of ours.

1 comment:

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear what you think!