Monday, January 24, 2011

the mess

My family was here on Sunday - they were all crammed into that little room with the wood stove, visiting, laughing and probably making plans.
I was talking to a friend of mine recently about my family.  How we are close, how B. loves to be with them as much as I do, how he often initiates contact with them.  She said something that really rang true.  She said that she had vacationed with her husband's family once and after it she told him that it was really wonderful how his family was willing to go through the "messes" and come out on the other side.  That is true about my family, we go through the "messes".  Going through the  "messes", I think that's what makes the people a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear what you think!