Tuesday, February 15, 2011

sports




Tonight was a little bit rough, both kinds of rough - the physical kind and the emotional kind.  The youngest guy in our house had a basketball game, and that is big fun and excitment for him.  He loves to play, he loves to be on a team, he loves it when people want to come watch his games.    Tonight my parents and a good family friend all came to his game and right at the end, our guy got an intentional foul called on him.  He fought back tears, he hated being singled out.   All these years I have struggled with team sports, I have never been very comfortable on a team, I'm much happier in individual sports.  As soon as I saw how he felt being in the spotlight alone, I understood.... his comfort is in a team.  I am going to have to learn to enjoy these team sports more, I am the one who was uncomfortable, who felt like I might let the whole team down.  He doesn't feel that way, so I don't have to sit in the stands and worry that he does.  Isn't it nice when you realize that some of your "stuff" didn't get passed on to your kids!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear what you think!