Wednesday, June 22, 2011

catching up to do.

I have a list on my cabinet of things I want to post on here and I think about doing it several times during the day, but summer has a way of helping you let go of lists.  I really want to share our day at the Symphony in the Flint Hills, so that's what I'll do for today.  I would never claim to be a well traveled person, but I truly believe that even if I was, I would still call the Flint Hills one of the most beautiful places.  The people who were there so many years ago, who traveled across them, who settled around and in them, you can get a sense of who they were just by being there.  The Flint Hills humble you, much like the ocean does, or the mountains.  If you're ever driving through, spend a little extra time on a back road.  Here are a few pictures from the day - really, they don't do it justice!  Are you near here, if you are, go to the website and find the place to add your name to the ticket sale notification list.  It is a frenzy when they become available - 7,500 sold in one hour.






So - the rest of my list to post.... a girls trip to Chicago, the Minnesota crew made a trip here, my husband might be a picker and a sleepover in the treehouse.  I know, I know - you're chomping at the bit.  I hope the weather where you are is as beautiful as it is here today!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear what you think!