Thursday, August 4, 2011

beating the heat.


Has it been hot where you are?  We have been steaming here, I thought I'd share a few shots of things we have been doing to beat the heat..
setting up the tent in the basement for sleepovers

vacation to a place that is still cool enough for this

cold yellow watermelon in the fridge all the time

movie nights

pool time and waterslides

finding things outside and bringing them inside just to learn about them, and then returning them outside :).
organizing, sorting and getting bedrooms ready for a new school year!

And I have been having a lot of fun looking through my mom's old photos for a project that our local newspaper is sponsoring.  Dear, Lawrence - take a look at the submitted photos here.  Scroll down the article - photo gallery is on the left side of the page. This is one that I submitted, my aunt, grandmother and mom around 1960.  Then and Now.  (this is on a bench at the Campanile, fyi)
 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by, I love to hear what you think!